PocketEarth is the ultimate travel tool—comprehensive worldwide street maps and travel guides even while you are offline.
- Detailed interactive worldwide maps! More than 100,000 places, completely free!
- Access your maps online and offline! Saves on data roaming costs!
- Tap the map for quick info about current place!
- Find out about thousands of interesting places, hotels, restaurants, bars, tourist sites, even metro & bus stops and lines!
- Detailed Travel Guides on more than 25,000 places!
- More than 200,000 Wikipedia articles!
- Online Routing with driving directions. Save your routes for offline use!
- Mark your own locations with pins and use them to create routes!
- Create your own favorites lists (maps, POI, routes)!
- Address Book integration lets you find your Contacts' addresses on the map.
- Bicyclist Map inspired by opencyclemap.org!
- GPS track recording lets you see what route you took! Great for hikes, bike trips, and road trips!
- Import and Export support for GPX and CSV files.
- Displays and lets you search for map coordinates in all common formats (including DD, DM, DMS, MGRS, UTM/UPS, GeoHash).
- High resolution support for Retina display giving crisp, beautiful maps! The fastest and most beautiful map app on the App Store!
- Available in English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Czech and Russian for all Apple devices running iOS 5.0 and later!
- ...and much more - buy it or try the Lite version and let us know how you like it!
How's it Work?
Just select the cities, regions, or even entire counties you want to download, and it will be available for offline use, complete with information on thousands of POIs (Points of Interest), Wikipedia articles and travel guides. To do this we utilize community driven open data, and compress and package it in a format optimized for mobile devices. PocketEarth renders vector maps in realtime using our OpenGL ES based MagikEngine. So unlike other map apps which only download pre-rendered images (map tiles), our maps are only a fraction of the size, and you can better control the appearance of the map with different style sheets and data layers.
See our Help page for detailed information on using the app!
We utilize and support the community driven open data movement. Please check them out and consider contributing yourself. We import and process the data frequently to keep PocketEarth up to date.
Online routing functionality is made possible by services from Cloudmade.